Monday, March 30, 2009

7 days...challenge?


Uhhh....

Why am I doing this??? I've tried Rad's challenge before and miserably failed. So what makes me think that I can do this??

Well, for one thing - I have done this before. Evs and I trialled a detox diet a few weeks ago that follows pretty much the same rules. This one is a little bit different with a few major changes:

  • One week, starting tomorrow (Tuesday 31st March) to the next Tuesday. Okay, done. March 30th Thru April 06
  • No sugars. That's easily done - don't have sugar with my coffee anyways and it's really only through fruit
  • No Alcohol. Noooooo!!! Hahahah this'll be easy - wait....what about Friday night drinks...??*sob*
  • No Grains. Nooooooo!!! Ahem. I love my carbs. Which is what has probably gotten me into this mess in the first place. I did it before with the detox diet but man was it HARD. No wheat or rice. We had to eat gluten free for the whole time....yech.
  • No processed foods. Yup, this can be done.
  • Not eat out at all. Dammit - I just promised to go to lunch tomorrow with some friends. I'm sure a salad will be ok :D
  • Workout everyday. Will try this one - I go three times a week as it is so the other days going to go for at least an hour walk (~3km)
  • Eat veggies. Done
  • Eat Fruits. Oh so done.
  • Eat meat and eggs. Woohoo - at least I don't have to starve!! :D
  • Fast for 18 hours. Oh what??!!! This will be the toughest I think.....
I am going to try and blog about my progress with this every day - either here on on Twitter (you know for those updates when I want to scream or about to faint :P).

Ok....here's the vital stats:

Start weight - err.....58 kilos (*in a small voice*)

Goal weight....hmm....let's hope for a 1kg loss shall we?? I haven't had much luck with the weight dropping off as fast as it should be so a 1kg loss is a realistic and hopeful goal. If this works - it might be something to continue.

Wish me luck!!!


10 comments on "7 days...challenge?"

Aathira Nair on March 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM said...

Good luck!

18 hours :(

Anonymous said...

Of course you can do it! Well, let's exchange notes on Wednesday and see :D

Need recipes? Desi style?

rads

Anonymous said...

Oh, cool! Fasting is no big deal, lemme tell ya! Eat a big dinner one day, really big (and of course, eat clean, with lots of veggies, meat, fats, and fruits), and then skip dinner, which should be easy as you would be so full. Then, next morning, for breakfast have coffee, tea and lemon water, instead of solids. Have an early lunch (say 11 or 12 o'clock). Women do well with 15 hour fasts, so take that, not 18 hours, okay? Same with you, Rads.

~The Dream Catcher~ on March 31, 2009 at 3:19 AM said...

I think I'll join you on this one.. my goal is to lose 8 kgs too.. so hopefully, this will take me a bit closer, and give me results that I have been pining to see from the last 2 months of working out..

Though elimination sugar from my coffee is going to be TOUGH..

Monika on March 31, 2009 at 4:04 AM said...

good luck... babe

i just did a detox myself... it helps one start

will track urs :) :)

Abby on March 31, 2009 at 7:43 AM said...

What's the 18 hours of fasting supposed to do?
Good luck!!!

Sig on March 31, 2009 at 9:06 AM said...

@ aathira - i knowwwwwwww !!! thanks babe :)

@ rads - heheh for sure - please!! any simple indian recipes will be muchly appreciated :D

@ rambodoc - good idea. thanks for the advice doc - will def try my bestest.

Sig on March 31, 2009 at 9:11 AM said...

@ the dream catcher- oooh please do!!! the more the merrier!

8 kgs is my goal - can't believe i have let myself go this far!!

no sugar in coffee - i can do that but not with instant lol

@ monika - hehhe they honestly do make you feel a hell of a lot better and at the end of it you actually WANT to keep eating healthily

@ abby - i'm not sure exactly of the health benefits of the fast - prob a question for the doc.

Abby on April 1, 2009 at 2:50 AM said...

some people fast because it's supposedly supposed to detox or something. I'm not really sure if that's true or not. I'm very familiar with the starving kind of fasting >.< (horrible... when girls/women try to not eat for 72 hours or more to become thinner) but not the detox kind.

Keshi on April 3, 2009 at 11:50 AM said...

hey good luck luv!

I dunno if I cud ever stick to even 1 day lol!


let me know how u go :)

Keshi.

Visitors

web site visitor statistics
Office Depot Coupons


 

Work it out Biyatch! Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez