Friday, April 3, 2009

7 Day challenge - Day 2


I can’t believe that I haven’t posted as yet! I was meaning to do this all day yesterday when some unforseen circumstances forced me to do other stuff (more on this later).

Day 2 (if I can remember it now!!) went fine. I was working for home for the most part which for me is bad. Really bad. Because I tend to get a lot more hungrier than if I was in the office and there is so much food at my disposal that I quite often over-snack and then skip lunch on the pretence that it doesn’t matter.

I woke up late on Day 2, actually late enough that what I had first thing in the morning could quite well be considered….brunch. I had the time and the inclination to make something substantial (after my banana breakfast the day before) and whipped up a really yummy omelette. Which was fine…until I got hungry an hour later. Aren’t eggs meant to fill you up???

I had a banana - which I know, I KNOW are full of sugar/carbs but I knew that if I had this now that I’d be fine until lunchtime. And I was. To the point that due to my heavy-ish meal before and the fact that I had been drinking water like a fish I only ended up eating a can of red salmon.

It was the first time I was eating salmon out of a can and to be honest – it wasn’t bad. I’ve noticed that I can eat as many fruits as needed and I never realised that (and I should have – duh – having a chemistry degree!!) that the natural sugars in the fruits are also carbs. And as I have a sweet tooth as it is I naturally gravitate towards fruits to be my sweet fix and think I’m eating healthier.

This challenge has challenged me to be more aware of the fruits I’m eating (only allowed three serves a day) which has been surprisingly hard to do. I’m the type who’ll pop some grapes into my mouth as I rummage through the fridge or snack on a plum between meals or have strawberries with my breakfast. So it was a bit of an effort to cut them down.

Since I was at home, I was able to make to it to the 5:30 Pilates class at the gym. I have always wanted to get into Pilates but since my gym only offers one class per week and at a time that is impossible to get to when working full-time, I don’t usually get the chance. So I rocked up, a little nervous, not knowing how hard the instructor would push us. I still had a spin class right after to get through.

The instructor walked in and I was left gaping with my mouth open. She was…in a word…HOT! Long, lean limbs…beautiful tanned skin…and the tiniest, perkiest butt you have ever seen. I was already half in-love with her before she even started. My adoration for fine physique quickly took a bit of a nosedive as she took us through torturous (well for me!! I have the grace of an elephant!!) exercises that made me realise that while I may have buns of steel, I also have some abdominal muscles hidden away. And the goddamn tricep push-ups she made us do!!! I hobbled out and sat my very sore butt cheeks onto the spin bike. I huffed and puffed my way through hills and races and felt my legs start to burn.

Evs had very kindly decided to make a Thai Chicken Curry for dinner and I was looking forward to having something tasty after a day of well…nuts and berries pretty much :P But since I couldn’t have rice, I ate the Chicken Curry as it was (it had LITE coconut milk in it – just a dash – which I am not sure means that I have totally stuffed up the diet but oh well…:P). I gobbled that down and stared wistfully as Evs clearly relished his meal WITH the fragrant basmati rice. Damn him.

I was exhausted after that workout but we managed to rouse ourselves and take Dex for a walk as well – nothing too long – just to my parent’s place and back (totalling 20-25 minutes return as we strolled) where they made more of a fuss over Dex than they ever have for me.

After the day’s work I noticed that I had more fat (38%) and protein (28%) in my diet compared to carbs (35%) overall. Interesting. Don't know if that's good or bad but we'll see at the end of the week.

Wednesday, 1st April 2009


Daily Summary


Food Energy In: 1137 cals
Exercise Energy Out: 90 mins, -647 cals
Net Energy: 490 cals
Net Energy Budget: 1300 cals
End Result: 810 Calories Under
Glasses of Fluid: 8
Steps: 0Under


Breakfast

Item Calories kJs
10 slice (6g) of Vegetables, fresh: Mushrooms, raw 13 55
1/3 cup, chopped or sliced (180g) of Vegetables, fresh: Tomato, ripe, raw 11 45
1/4 pepper (45g) of Vegetables, fresh: Chilli Peppers, Red 5 19
1 serving (30g) of Cheese: Feta, Reduced-Fat 70 294
1 medium,170g with skin, 16cm/6" (110g) of Fruit, fresh: Banana, raw, edible portion 108 451
2 extra large (59g with shell) (53g) of Eggs: Chicken Egg, whole, raw, fresh, edible portion 152 634
Total 358 1498


Lunch

Item Calories kJs
1 serving, 105g can drained (79g) of John West: Fish, canned: Red Salmon, drained 137 575
Total 137 575


Dinner

Item Calories kJs
1/3 serving (14g) of Asia at Home: Pastes: Concentrate, Red Curry 7 31
1/3 serving (60mL) of Trident: Coconut Milk, fluid: Lite 17 72
1/2 cup, chopped or diced (140g) of Chicken Dishes: Breast, meat w. skin, boiled / steamed 138 578
1 tub (150g) of Vaalia: Yoghurt: Low-Fat, Passionfruit 155 644
Total 317 1324


Snack

Item Calories kJs
1 medium (100g) of Fruit, fresh: Plum, average all types, raw, edible portion 46 192
25 almond (1.2g) of Nuts: Almonds, raw, w. skin, edible portion 173 722
1 rounded teaspoon (1.8g) of Coffees: Coffee, Instant, Granulated, Ground (Regular or Decaffeinated), dry 4 18
1/3 cup (250mL) of So Good: Soy Drinks: Soymilk, Fat Free, Chilled and UHT 30 125
1 medium (138g) of Fruit, fresh: Apple w. skin 72 300
Total 325 1358


Exercise

Item Calories kJs
45 mins of Spinning -519 -2172
45 mins of Pilates -128 -536
Total -647 -2707


2 comments on "7 Day challenge - Day 2"

Aathira Nair on April 3, 2009 at 9:18 PM said...

Awesome lady!

You are a fighter through and through. I think maybe I should do this diet too!

Lemme just look up the link you posted a few posts back.

Anonymous said...

awww
you're amazing..thanks thanks for the much required inspiration..
you dont mind if I copy(follow) you a little..
lol..

Visitors

web site visitor statistics
Office Depot Coupons


 

Work it out Biyatch! Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez