Saturday, March 8, 2008


Ok - so it's been a while since I posted here - my weight loss obsession fluctuated from extreme (crying in my walk-in closet for hours) to nonchalant (Daaaym - I still don't look- half-bad so why obsess?) along with many of my blog readers insisting that I wasn't fat. They are right - I don't LOOK fat - I just FEEL fat. And without the clothes - it's a different story. Cellulite and wobbly bits everywhere.

The only thing I like about my body is my breasts. I used to like my waist but that is slowly disappearing.

Anyways - since starting full-time work my eating habits are slightly better - the only thing is I haven't had the chance to exercise much. And while at training - they provide lunch and it's always these little sandwiches and fruit which are so yummy but thank-god healthy so I've been doing ok.

But I did decide to do something drastic.

The Lemon Detox Diet.

It's the one that Beyonce swears by having lost 10 kg's in 2 weeks for her role in Dreamgirls and it's the one that Tania Zaetta promotes and now it's the one I am going to try.

I have never been on a diet before and this is going to take effort.

You basically make up this drink which is a combination of water, tree syrup, lemons and cayenne pepper and drink that instead of eating. I am aware enough to know that it is a sort of starvation diet but it isn't bothering me much. Every Tuesday last year I used to fast along with my Dad - eating only fruits and nuts and having only dinner. THAT was torture for me when I first started and I used to CRAVE carbs and sometime sneakily eat some bread or something. But other days I did it on eating that or less. So I have some faith in myself for completing this. It is meant to last about 7 days and it is somewhat of a test on myself as well if I can refrain from not only eating but eating crap.

This first day has been ok - I woke up late (about 10am) because I was exhausted from the 5:30am starts all week and got busy in housework until I realised I hadn't eaten yet. So I made up a day's worth of the drink and decided to have some.

And it's not bad. I love lemons so that iss fine, and the syrup sweetens it. The cayenne pepper gives it a extra zing, a bit of spice and it's not too bad. I have had cravings for food but every time I do, I drink water or have another glass of the Lemon drink. Evs and I also went to play tennis, but due to the bloody heat we stayed only for an hour. But that was good - I got some exercise in as well.

They say that it's the first couple of days that are the worst and I'm bracing myself for tomorrow where I might experience headaches and dizziness. But so far I have been doing ok and if I lose the average 4 kilos that they say you can lose within a week - then it'll be so worth it.

I know I am crazy, but I am going to see if this works. If not - then I will bow down to all the 'I told you so's' that I know I will deserve.

Wish me luck :)

10 comments on " "

Anonymous said...

olá de portugal.

Mez on April 14, 2008 at 4:09 PM said...

Now that i am into gymmin, i shall try n visit here often to learn more such techniques of wt loss regime n ofcourse, how far have u gotten. hehe..luck luck dear

AmitL on May 7, 2008 at 7:03 PM said...

Hi,Silvara..nice to see ur posts here,as always. Hey,don't go in for those drastic diets..if you want me to email you the diet I'm following,let me know..from Feb on,I've lost 9 kgs so far,and,feel absolutely fit and fine..no dizziness,nothing.:)

Keshi on May 13, 2008 at 4:24 PM said...

I dun do gymming anymore, I dun diet, I dun go walking everyday, I dun skip like I used to...goshhh soon I'll become Michelin Tyre woman! :(

Keshi.

sansmerci on May 15, 2008 at 8:38 PM said...

Hey can u tell me where i can get those ingredients u told me in india?

Anonymous said...

After much debate....
how is the weight loss thing going?

Anonymous said...

hey there! I have a weight loss blog like yours too. Goodluck with shedding the kilos, it is entirely possible with a bit of self control. I'm trying my best too. So how did the lemon detox diet go?

v on August 16, 2008 at 2:05 AM said...

did it work??
i am so going to try this myself ! :)

Anonymous said...

do you absolutely have to go on such drastic diets? Even if you shed 10 kgs in a short span of time, you got to maintain that weight loss. As am sure you know that it does not take much to put the weight back on. Life has many beautiful things to offer. Don't waste it on these rad diets that will give you only a week or a few months satisfaction. I dedicate the song - You are beautiful - by Christina Aguilera, to you.

Take care :)

Ex_Dieter

Anonymous said...

滿.........................................................

Visitors

web site visitor statistics
Office Depot Coupons


 

Work it out Biyatch! Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez